1. Information Collection, Use, and Opting Out
The types of information we collect depend on your level of engagement with the Sites. The higher the level, the more information we need to provide our services.
A. All AgentRated Website and Users of the AgentRated Applications
From registered and unregistered users of the Sites, we automatically receive and record information whenever you interact with the Sites. This includes IP address data from our server logs, cookie information, the pages you request, and the URL of the site you came to the Sites from. From all Users of the AgentRated Applications (“App Users”) we also collect the mobile device ID and your geo-location information so that we can interact with you; we need to know where to direct responsive Application pages and it allows us to provide geo specific information, such as homes for sale near you. Your IP address serves the same function for website Users. App Users can turn off our access to your geo-location by adjusting “location services” within your iOS or Android device settings. We use the information listed above to help diagnose Site problems and performance, analyze trends, customize your experience on the Sites, and administer the Sites.
Cookies and opting out:
- AgentRated Cookies: We put AgentRated cookies on your computer to help us keep track of when you were last on the Sites, and what you last searched on the Sites. While you are free to disable cookies on your browser, we recommend that you leave cookies activated to use some of the most useful AgentRated features.
- Third-Party Cookies Used to Target Ads to You When You are on Other Websites: The Google Doubleclick cookie will inform Google that you visited the Sites. Google may serve AgentRated ads to you on other websites on our behalf. Similarly, the Sites drop cookies on your browser that are read when you visit Facebook, so that during your visits to the Facebook website you might receive AgentRated advertising based on the pages you visited on the Sites. We may work with other companies and use their cookies to target AgentRated ads to you on other websites.
- Opting Out of Google Analytics: To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, click here for instructions.
- Opting Out of Google Advertising: To opt out of Google interest-based advertising, click here to see your Google ad settings.
- Opting Out Generally: The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt-out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes (for example, serving AgentRated ads to you on Facebook), click here for instructions. Choices you make are both browser and device-specific. This means that, for example, if you opt out when using Safari on your phone, you will not be opted out on Firefox or on your laptop.
- Do Not Track: Some browsers have a â do not track â feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
- Flash Cookies: We currently do not use flash cookies, but we may in the future. To control flash cookies, click here. Why? Because flash cookies do not reside in your browser, so your browser settings will not affect them.
- Registered AgentRated Site Users (including Registered App Users)
- My AgentRated: My AgentRated is a feature that allows you to upload notes and photos about a property, save searches, add favorites and x-outs, and otherwise organize homes that may be of interest to you. We save all of this “My AgentRated” information for your use later. It is stored with your AgentRated account information.
- Account Password Security: Your AgentRated account password is encrypted on our server, and is known only to you.
- Account Updates: By visiting you’re my AgentRated; Account Settings. you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information associated with your account. However, even after you update information, we may maintain a copy of the original information in our records.
C. AgentRated Clients
When you are getting ready to buy or sell a home and you request to have contact with an agent on our site. We will forward your name, email address, phone number, and recent search data to the agent you have chosen. AgentRated is strictly referring you to the Agent of your choosing and has no further legal obligation or further representation of you in the real estate transaction. Should any issue arise during the duration of your relationship with the referred Agent you agree to indemnify and hold AgentRated harmless from damages incurred.
2. Information Storage
We store all User information on secure servers and in the cloud.
3. Information Sharing
We share your information with AgentRated personnel in the normal course of business. We also share some of your information with third parties.
A. Registered Site Users (including Registered App Users):
B. AgentRated Clients:
- Public Record Information: Please be aware that home sales and purchases are a matter of public record, and your name and address, the price you paid, your property taxes, and other information will be available from public sites regardless of the brokerage(s), if any, who assist in the transaction. We post on our Sites some information that typically becomes part of the public record of a home sale or purchase.
- Non-Public Record Information: We share information obtained from you that is not public record in order to facilitate your home purchase or sale transaction.
- Service Providers to all AgentRated Clients: Our agents work with third parties to process your home search and sale transaction, and must share your information with those third parties. Examples include MLSs and providers of software used for document preparation and electronic signing.
- Partner Agents: A Partner Agent is employed by or works with another brokerage, but has teamed up with us to provide AgentRated-quality service to a wider range of customers. We’ll refer you to a Partner Agent in our discretion. If you are referred to a Partner Agent for your home purchase or sale transaction, we share your information with that Partner Agent so they can assist you.
- Home Seller Service Providers: As is customary as your home sales agent, we share your listing information with MLSs and other listing websites, such as Trulia.com and Zillow.com. We also share your listing information with listing vendors such as photographers, home staging experts and home repair professionals like plumbers and electricians, as needed.
- Home Buyer Service Providers: As is customary as your home purchase agent, we must share your buying information with inspectors, title companies, escrow agents, closing attorneys, lenders, and other third parties as needed to process your transaction.
- Potential Buyers: By law, we are required to disclose to potential buyers certain information you provide about your property.
- Negotiations: We also post on our Sites price offers and counteroffers. We do not post your name on our Sites without your permission but if the sale is closed, the price and the fact that you bought or sold your house at that price is a matter of public record.
4. Information Deletion
You may request deletion of your AgentRated account by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by “Deactivating your Account” on you’re My AgentRated; Accounts. page. We may keep a copy for our records.
5. Email Communications
We communicate with account holders and Clients about their accounts and home tours, searches and sales by email. You may also subscribe to Listing Alert Emails with customized summaries of homes for sale. If you opt-in to also receive marketing email messages, AgentRated may send you AgentRated-related news, surveys or promotions. If you do not want to receive alerts or marketing email from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your My AgentRated: Alerts and Emails and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message. If you want to stop receiving all email from us, delete your account.
The Sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
8. Contact Us
Please contact us if you have more questions. If you have any questions about this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also write to us at: 3722 E. Pasadena Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85018
Stay Intouch, Get Our Free Newsletter